Top Selling Juicers
|Home » |
Green Power KPE1304 Twin Gear Juicer Wheatgrass, Vegetable & Fruit Juicer
Multi-purpose functions allow greater versatility, from juice extraction to soy milk production to making perfect pasta (with optional Accessory Kit). Juices wheatgrass, barley grass, and herbs. Magnetized, bio-ceramic juicing jug keeps juice fresh with no loss of nutrition or oxidation for up to 72 hours. Easy to use, easy to clean. Cleans in just three minutes! Constructed mainly of recyclable materials. The quietest machine on the market (60 bB)! Collection jug prevents excessive build-up of froth. Makes nutritious ice cream, nut butters, jams, and baby food. Grinds coffee, grains, and nuts. Comes with: Three screens - normal-hole (for vegetables and wheat grass), large-hole (for pulpy fruit), and crush screen (for soaked grains and beans); Two Tampers (plastic and wooden); Magnetized 1-liter jug; Extra end cap, and One cleaning brush. The multi-purpose kit is Optional and not included with this offering For information purposes Functions of Mulit-Purpose Kit (Optional Feature): * Produces less pulp in juice. * Separates seeds when juicing grapes, without crushing the seeds * Produces less foam with wheat grass and barley grass juice. * Extrudes Pastas, Nut Butters, Baby Foods, Frozen Fruit Sorbet, Soy drink. * Grinding Hot Peppers, Coffee Beans, Sesame Seeds
Twin Gear Masticating Juicer with Magnetic and Bio--Cermmic Technolody - Preserves Juice Longer
Juices Wheatgrass, Fruits Vegetables & More - Most up to date of all twin gear machines
Low speed rotation (160 rpm); powerful twin gear impeller; generates virtually no heat
Operations Manual and DVD included -
Warranty - Limited Manufacturers Warranty - 10 Years on Motor, 5 Years on Operational Parts
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 8 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 8 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
16 of 18 found the following review helpful:
Fresh Squeezed Juice = LifeJan 17, 2009
By Matthew J. Molcillo
The Green Power Kempo Pro is in a class all its own. My wife and I went from the high speed juicer to the masticating type of the Green Power Kempo Pro and have never looked back. There is no comparison to how delicious the juice tastes from the Green Power Kempo Pro. We have been juicing for over two years now and there is not a day that passes with out the little red switch getting flipped on, and those twin gears hummm. If you care about your health and want the best tasting and healthiest juice money can buy, I highly recommend buying this juicer. Fresh squeezed fruits and vegetables will change your life.
10 of 11 found the following review helpful:
Superior for Serious PH Micracle Diet/"Green" juicersFeb 14, 2013
(preface #1 -- If you have a prostate issue, no juicer (none!)is a substitute for a highly qualified, experienced board certified Urologist)
(preface #2 - If you intend to follow Robert O. Young's protocol, you will juice 1 part green juice to 10 parts high alkaline water. In plain English, 100 milliliters of juice for every liter of combined juice and alkaline water. Juicing "gallons" of pure juice is not his approach)
(preface #3 - support from family and friends is very critical if you intened to use this juicer daily. If negativity surrounds your use of it, think twice before buying this expensive juicer.)
For individuals who are serious juicers and who are following:
--- Robert Young's PH Mircale Diet (for diabetes or prostate),
--- following a modified "Gerson" protocol(for the modified Gerson, you will need to purchase a press and use the no filter set up, but considerably less expensive than the Norwalk and almost as effective IMO,
--- or who juice greens (spinach, wheatgress, kale, celery, etc.)almost exclusively,
a "horizontal" (not vertical single augur) twin augur juicer is the only way to go.
If you aren't serious about green juicing, or
--- are mechanical challenged, or
--- have trouble cleaning up after yourself, or don't have more than 2-3 minutes to clean the machine, or
--- want your juice "now", or
--- could care less about the quality of the juice, or
--- use a juicer only occasionally, or
--- are new to juicing and aren't sure whether or not you will really juice daily, or
--- just make fruit smoothies for some sugar highs...
If so, look elsewhere than a horizontal twin augur machine. Seriously. Why buy one? Better options out there.
I own 2 double augur juicers: a KPE-1304 (for traveling) and the more expensive Super Angel 5500 ($1,200), and a Omega 8004 (single plastic augur), and a Champion (single plastic augur with metal teeth made out of hard plastic).
In reference to the 1304, what do you notice about the KPE-1304 when you use it?
1) superior juice flavor retenion over 24 hours (don't believe the nonsense about 4-5 days retention from any juicer...from anyone)
2) very dry pulp (forget running your pulp through the 1304 a 2nd or 3rd time; it won't really help very much on this machine unlike almost all others)
3) machined steel (with some plastic) twin augurs which are truly superior to anything you will find in all single augur juicers, period.
4) extremely quiet operation, much quieter than machines like JK's Pro which spins at 3600 and then uses a higher rpm or the 10,000 super speed, super noisy centrificals.
5) relatively low masticating speed for a twin or single augur machine at 160 rpms (some are slower...86 for the Angel, but this seems about correct to me).
6) light weight (about 13-14 pounds) for easy carrying and traveling.
7) no more than 1/4-1/2 inch foam "top' when juicing about 700 milliliters of juice, but foam is inevitable and depends on what you juice on this machine.
8) juice is "cold" if your vegatables are refrigerated...not WARM (you can feel the heat in a Champion for example when you remove the masticating assembly)
8) superior juicing of all greens, which is the real reason for owning a twin augur juicer.
Some tips: (always drink your juice ASAP after juicing...)
1) clean immediately (ASAP) after use; soak your augurs, screens and other elements containing pulp for 5 minutes to make cleaning easier
2) cut your carrots, celery, spinach, apple or pear (hardest you can find, not mush!))into small pieces; do NOT cut anything with large stems, as collards, kale, etc.
3) alternate elements as usual for any juicer, but feed your kale, collards, etc. stem first (break in half or thirds) let the machine "grab" them.
4) let the machine do most of the work; give it time to do its job with slight pressure if needed; forcing is seldom necessary other than carrots perhaps.
5) don't over fill the feed shute...about half way is usually plenty. If the juicer stalls, you are doing something very wrong. Stop. Clean and reassemble.
6) I prefer the "red" tension knob (but white is also fine) with the vegetable attachment for my juicing, and I keep it twisted all the way in.
7) treat your augurs and screens with care...especially the twin augurs. If you don't, expect problems. Don't blame the machine.
8) the cleaning brush (provided) is essential to clean the machine correctly. It will clean it properly if you use it.
9) clean the machine in and around the "O" ring either by using your sink "spray" or wiping carefully with a damp cloth; then tilt juicer (down) to drain.
10) removal of the augurs is NO problem on this machine (unlike the Angel). Just make sure you insert them correctly (look at the dots; very simple. If you don't insert correctly, expect extreme wear and tear.).
11) storing juice is best with a FoodSaver unit with appropriate FS lid, but try to keep the storeage time down to no more than 24 hours.
12) I find the SS Stanley wide mouth thermos ideal for carrying cold juice during the day if I need to do so. FS Mason jars are strictly for the frig.
13) If you do not juice a full container of juice, or can't drink it all, top it off with alkaline or distilled water to minimize oxidation.
16 of 20 found the following review helpful:
Juicing ExcellanceSep 29, 2009
By Annette S. Mitchell
When my Nutritionist explained to me why I needed a twin gear juicer, I knew that I had to say goodbye to my juicer that grinds and spins the fruit or vegetables to make juice. What I needed was a juicer that did not create heat from friction and would press the fibers to release the enzymes so that nutritionally I could benefit from it. My Nutritionist does live blood cell analysis and I was able to plainly see that without the enzymes I could not heal on a cellular level.
I was most impressed by the Green Power KPE-1304 Twin Gear Juicer Wheatgrass, Vegetable & Fruit Juicer and I was able to get it at the right price from Amazon.com. I expected to wait for delivery at least 10 days, but instead it arrived about 30 hours after ordering it. I was blown away at the service! I have not been disappointed after it arrived and I have used it everyday since.
I love everything about it! It truly does everything it says it does. Wheatgrass and greens are fantastic and with no effort! Vegetable and fruits are easy to do and are delicious! Since I like sorbet and ice cream - with the crusher attachment you put through precut & frozen fruits to make the best sorbet imaginable. Put in frozen bananas and you think you are eating ice cream. Yum!
Then when you have finished juicing, the clean-up is a snap. Needless to say, I am very, very pleased with my purchase -- the price -- the service -- the quality of the juicer -- the easy of using it!
4 of 4 found the following review helpful:
Produces some of the best non-citris juice I've ever hadFeb 25, 2013
I originally had a centrifugal juicer which I liked because of its speed. After becoming a more experienced juicer, I decided to upgrade. I tried an Omega single gear juicer. This produced more juice, but also more pulp and I really dislike pulp. After doing some reading, I discovered a twin gear juicer would be the best bet. Although it is much more expensive, It produces supperior juice. I think the main difference between twin and single gear is the amount of pulp. This juicer produces a much lesser amount. I will say it is not true for orange juice and if I had one complaint about this juicer, it is that it doesn't produce very good orange juice. It is loaded with pulp. I usually throw apples in with veggie juice and it works like a gem on them.
I found that cleanup is about the same on all juicers. This one definitely takes up more counter space than the others.
I would recommend this juicer to someone that wants to have high quality vegetable juice and maximize the nutrients that the juice contains.
4 of 4 found the following review helpful:
Love this machine!!!Apr 08, 2012
By Me XMan
After an extensive research on a juicer, I've settled for this machine and couldn't be any happier. Just the right product for juicing my vegetables and fruits and the price is reasonable. Cleaning is easy except the mesh screen but there's no easy way around it. So far I've done apples, carrots, celery, spinach, limes and looking to juice more this summer. Love it!
See all 8 customer reviews on Amazon.com